• Obedience for basic to elite hunting/competition dogs.
• Field work to develop your dog's natural search and instincts.
• Pointing, steady to wing, shot and fall, stop to flush and shot.
• Backing and honoring.
• Retrieving, including hold and carry, the trained retrieve, electric fetch, drive to piles, lining drills with a finished presentation.
• Water work such as simple to double marked retrieves, blind retrieves and duck searches.
• We will design a program, whether you are looking for a basic hunting dog or an elite hunting dog you can run in NAVHDA or AKC tests.
• Basic obedience and hunting field and water work.
• NAVHDA Natural Ability, Utility Prep, Utility and Invitational tests as well as AKC Hunt Senior and Master Hunter tests.
• Birds, entry fees, handling fees, travel costs for tests and vet costs are additional costs with all programs.
• Monthly training fees include training, Pro Plan Performance dog food, grooming and general pet care.
• Clyde has tested in 315 NAVHDA tests. He has qualified 87% of all dogs he’s run, 75% with a Prize I or II.
• The kennel owns thirteen Versatile Champions, ten are also Master Hunters.
• Clyde, Marilyn, Assistant Trainers Jessica Lieffort and Brian Johnson have qualified 45 VC’s; 25 of which have been handled by Clyde.
• Have successfully trained and ran many dogs in AKC Master Hunt tests.
• Worked with dozens of clients and SSK puppy owners on how to train and handle their own dogs. Many have gone on to gain their own Prize I’s, Versatile Champions and Master Hunters.
Teamwork is a must if a dog is going to make the cut at our kennel.
Sharp Shooters in the Fast Lane (Dani) retrieving her first dead bird in the field.
Sharp Shooters I'll Make You Famous (Billy) swimming like a big dog at ten weeks!
Teaching the trained retrieve starts with control-work on the table.
Driving to piles and lining drills in the yard get dogs ready for the field.
The basics in the yard make the transition to the field easy.
Water drills are the final stage.
The finished product is a confident and cocky retriever!
Brian's favorite way to take a break after a couple of braces in the field.